- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
PML-N beats PTI in PP-100 by-election
His rival, Ihsanullah Virk of PTI got the second position with 28380 votes.
A strong contest was expected between the Pakistan Muslim Leangue-N’s Chaudhary Akhtar and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Ahsan Virk, however the N-League candidate emerged victorious with a good margin.
The city administration had called in army for the by-poll to ensure no untoward incident takes place during the entire polling process.
The PML-N had fielded Chaudhry Akhtar Ali, the brother of Rana Shamshad, on the seat while PTI nominated Chaudhry Ehsanullah Virk who switched to the PTI from PPP a few months back. The PPP has fielded Rana Shahbaz Ahmad.
The political pundits had predicted that PML-N would win the seat as Kamoki is considered its stronghold.