- Salman Khan to undergo another hair transplant
- The boxer and the hard-hitter mingle in Karachi
- Did Aamir Khan have a relationship with British journalist?
- Pashto telefilm actress Mussarat Shaheen shot dead in Nowshera
- Jawani Phir Nahi Ani’s trailer creates a buzz
- Indian singer Sukhbir Singh evades arrest at Lahore airport while laundering $29000
Preity Zinta in spotlight over IPL match fixing ‘allegations’
An Indian newspaper had reported on Wednesday that the actress had told Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) officials during an IPL working group meeting on August 8 that some players from Kings XI Punjab may have indulged in “suspicious activities” linked to throwing matches.
According to the report, Zinta had also said that she had felt at times that some IPL matches involving her team had followed a pre-decided pattern and alleged that the BCCI’s anti-corruption team has not been able to effectively tackle the match fixing issue.
Dear All, This piece of article is completely false, libel per say, inaccurate and an irresponsible piece of… http://t.co/x0pURYfKVw
— Preity zinta (@realpreityzinta) August 19, 2015
Apart from various IPL stakeholders, the meeting was attended by all four members of the working group – IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla, BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur, BCCI treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary and former India captain Sourav Ganguly.
Later in the day however, Zinta issued a strong denial, saying that her conversation with BCCI officials was misreported and vehemently condemned the report in a series of posts on social media platform Twitter.