- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
The new Pemra guidelines for the holy month of Ramazan were read out by Pemra chairman Absar Alam at a presser today.
According to Pemra chairman, all TV channels must respect the sanctity of Ramazan, while any channel found violating the order would face action.
He said all crime re-enactment shows, raid programs would be banned from 1st of Ramazan. No rape scene, or suicide attempt scenes will be shown in dramas as well, he underlined.
The Pemra head also mentioned that interviews of rape victims also wont be allowed.
Besides, he said, guidelines for investigative journalists would soon be issued. “We are giving much time to TV channels, hence prohibited content should not be aired on any channel”, he added.