- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
MQM hints at clearing the air with government
“The government has sent Maulana sahib here for negotiations, and this process would continue with other government representatives in the next phase,” he told a joint press conference with JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman who arrived at the Nine Zero to convince MQM to withdraw their resignations and return to the Parliament.
He said Maulana sahib arrived at the MQM headequarters at a mediator. “We have assured him that MQM would play its role in the Parliament.”
He was of the view that MQM was hoping government officials to fulfill their due responsibilities in providing justice.
Fazl said the terrorists attempted to sabotage the dialogue process with the MQM.
He hoped that the talks would now process next in Islamabad. He said it is expected that MQM would continue its same positive attitude in the future.