- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
General public also expressed interest in the budget 2015 who questioned government for its plans regarding curtailing unemployment and inflation.
Awami Workers Party response on budget
We reject Minimum wage increase for workers from12000 to 13000, Awami Workers Party demands a minimum wage of RS 25000, per month for unskilled workers , in budget concessions offered to capitalists class whiles workers ignored completely, never in history 7.5% wage increase was offered by any government, it was at least 10%,
- Relief in Air travel for Gilgit Beltistan in budget is for election purpose, to be held on 8 June, Election Commission must take notice
- Stop exploitation of youth with master degree with only 12000 per month; on name of internship, raise that to least 25000 Rupees a month.
- 7.5% Pension increase for public sector employees is absolutely not accepted, raise that to at least 25%
- We don’t need health insurance but free health facilities. More public sector hospital, more doctors & para medical staff with decent wages, raise the minimum expenditure of national budget on health to at least 5 percent of GDP instead of present less than one percent.
- 100 % wages increase for federal secretaries, 7.5% wage increase for workers is a shameful act of PMLN.
- Class based budget, in favour of capitalists, feudal and multi national companies, against working class expectations,
We reject the budget as a whole, this is a pro capitalist, pro imperialist budget.
AWP will launch a movement along working class trade unions to change the periodontics of this budget in favour of working class
Reaction on Twitter
— PPP (@MediaCellPPP) June 5, 2015
41 crore allocated Bonus for NAB/Good services 4 issuing clean chit to Zardari/Mian brothers !! #Budget2015
— shaheen (@Abroshaheen) June 5, 2015
#Budget2015 is useless exercise of numbers, gimmicks, hidden facts, which has been prepared by Itefaaq foundry accountant.
— Muhammad Waqas Khan (@KhanWaqas9) June 5, 2015
— Irfan Solangi (@irfansolangi_pk) June 5, 2015
— sumairajamil (@real_sumaira) June 5, 2015
— Imran Khan (@Imranpti786Pti) June 5, 2015
Watching Budget speech; feels like we will take over the world. #Budget2015
— Nouman Ali (@nomanali1991) June 5, 2015
Budget is the ” Gorakh Dhanda” of words, We Pakistanis will never came to k ow how these So called ” Awami Govt” looting Us #Budget2015
— Asif aziz (@AsifktkAziz) June 5, 2015
Wo Aey.lambi taqreerain ki..apni tareefoun k pull bandhay.awam pay tax ka bojh daala. or masoomiyat or baysharmi say chal diay..#Budget2015
— Neelum Yousaf (ARY) (@neelumusaf24) June 5, 2015
— Nafisa Shah (@ShahNafisa) June 5, 2015
— Khan (@rassad7) June 5, 2015
— zeshan khan yousfzai (@mr_yousafzai) June 5, 2015
With Government prepared to slam 19.5% tax on internet users, we take ban on Youtube as blessing in disguise. #Budget2015
— Innocent MAni (@InnocenMAni) June 5, 2015