- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Citizens suffer as KE holds SSGC responsible for unannounced power outages
In a statement issued here, the KE Spokesperson said on the night of the 18th, gas pressure went to devastatingly low levels at KE’s SITE and Korangi Plants which run on gas, and due to low gas pressure and quantity from SSGC’s end, electricity generation got affected which caused outages in some parts of the city.
“Electricity demand has also gone up and has touched 3,100 MW which is a record high for Karachi, and the rising temperature has pushed this demand up. On the other hand KE’s team has been deployed in areas where there have been reports of faults due to wire-snaps and illegal connections.”
“KE would like to apologise to those consumers who faced the brunt of outages and would like to assure them that the power utility is trying its level best to overcome these issues, especially during the month of Ramazan”, concluded the statement.