- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Model Ayyan Ali released from jail amid strict security
According to sources, Ms Ali will either fly to Karachi or Islamabad to spend her Eid days. She’s been provided strict security cover over death threats.
The supermodel was released from the jail after 122 days. She was arrested at Islamabad’s Benazir Bhutto International Airport on March 14 on charges of money laundering after being caught with over half a million dollars by customs officials.
She had filed two pleas seeking her bail, but both of them were rejected. The third application filed by Ms Ali was admitted and heard in the Lahore High Court.
Ayyan’s attorney Sardar Latif Khosa said no bar had been put on Ayyan Ali on foreign travel.
The banking court staff on Wednesday could not receive release orders of the supermodel until noon and the staff left after working hours.
The two-member bench of Lahore High Court on Tuesday had issued release orders of the supermodel.
Ayyan Ali had been arrested in March over charges of attempting to smuggle more than $500,000 as she was about to board a Dubai-bound flight from Benazir International Airport.